Wednesday, October 27, 2010

it's a brand new day

I'm thinking of sort of winding this blog down to get a fresh start on a new one that I'll update once a week... the world from the perspective of a twenty something grad student KC dweller with an assistant job and a mid distance boyfriend (spoiler alert: that's me). It might be one more commitment to add to my plate but I can handle it I think. I mean, my plate has gotten so full that I just look at it now and say "screw this I'm going to have candy corn" and skip the dinner altogether, so what's one more thing anyway? I'm still thinking about it and will be sure to post the link here so that the 4 people who follow me here on Blogger and the I'm sure countless twos and threes of people who follow me on Google Reader can update their feed.

In the mean time, enjoy these awesome pictures from my birthday.

My amazing boyfriend sent me flowers at work and I swooned. A perfect purple bouquet.


The ladies got me some bling. Yes, I wore it. And it was awesome.


Speaking of the ladies, here are some of them. We're all dolled up for the big night out.


I always love it when the artist formerly known as my roomie comes out.


Kearney friends. We've seriously been friends pretty much forever.


Boyfriend is a football coach so taking me out on my birthday wasn't an option... but we celebrated in style the next day by going to Maryville to watch the Bearcats "take on" the MoWest. There's quotes around that because the 42-0 score would indicate that the Griffins did not actually show up. It was super cold and I was tired and a little hungover but was totally a trooper for 3 quarters of this game.



Boyfriend was a trooper later that night and took me to eat at Chaz on the Plaza. It was as fancy and delightful as it sounds. We got all dressed up and it was very sophisticated.
Well, that was my 26th birthday. It was the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment