Tuesday, June 29, 2010

eensy weensy spider

My most recent project has been working on getting everything out of my basement. This serves two purposes: 1. I'm getting rid of a ton of junk I haven't so much as thought about in 2 years. 2. I'm preparing for a likely move in the future, by clearing out so that the basement can be power washed.

I spent a couple of hours on it last night before giving in for the night and going to sleep. I'd get it done a lot quicker if I didn't frequently feel the need to spend several minutes kicking boxes to make sure that no mice ran out or if I didn't practically burst into frantic tears every time I saw, thought I saw, or thought I felt a spider or any other insect on or near me. It's actually pretty hilarious. It's comedy at it's finest. I'd seriously consider taking the act on the road if I weren't so traumatized.

I just keep reminding myself how wonderful it will be when it's done. I've got about an hour of work left on it. Then, I get to focus on a more fun type of cleaning: sorting through all of my clothes. There's a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment